Resin Water Fountains Or Cement Water Fountains – Which Is A Better Selection For Your Yard?
Many people are happy to put resin water fountains (or fountains made from other kind materials) in their yard or indoor house to decorate the environment. As with flowing water and soft water sounds, the fountains make the atmosphere peaceful and our mood relaxing. Some fountains are equip with misty-maker, which can create some white water mist, it will make the environment looks like wonderland.
Fountains can be make from many kinds of materials: resin (or polyresin), cement (or concrete), metal etc. Each kind of fountain has its own characters. Today i’m going to walk through with you mainly about the difference between resin water fountains (or polyresin water fountains) and cement water fountains (or concrete water fountains).
Resin Water Fountains
- The material of resin has the character of easily-shaping. So the designer can design the fountains in whatever shape he wants. The design can be natural rock or wood style, animals, little fairy, wishing well, Roman style features, Buddha, etc. So you can choose a lot of different styles’s design to decorate your indoor and outdoor garden based on your domain’s design and style.
- Under the crafts of the color-painting man, the color of the resin water fountains can be very rich and lifelike.
- And the weight of the resin water fountains is not so heavy, much lighter than fountains made from cement. If you would like to clean the fountain or relocate the fountains, it will be much labor-saving. Based on this, it will be much cost-saving during loading and shipping.
- Resin is also a very durable material. It will never be easily rotten in the outdoor. It will live well for around 2-4 years in the outdoor environment if the weather is not so tough (for example, the temperature is under 0 Celsius for a very long time).
But there are some disadvantages for the polyresin fountains as well:
- It is difficult to use resin materials to produce fountains with very smooth surfaces. Usually, for the surface of the modern and geometrical-shape fountains, it has to be smooth, so they will be looking more nice and delicate. But the resin material is somehow oleaginous. So when mixing the resin material before putting the material into the fountains’ mold, their will be some very small bubbles created inside the material. This will lead to the surface of the resin water fountains looks not so smooth (or rough).
- The resin material is laid into the silicon mold of the fountain by hand. The thickness of the fountain will be around 3.0 ~4.0 millimeter. So it is not so thick, we have to be very careful during locating or moving the fountains.
Cement Water Fountains
- Obviously, the Cement Water Fountains is made from cement or concrete. So the cost of fountains is much lower than the polyresin fountains. The cement fountains will be very competitive in prices.
- The material of cement can be used to produce the square-shape fountains and the fountains can be very smooth on the surfaces.
- The cement water fountain is very heavy, making it really difficult to move or relocate. And the cost of the shipping, without a doubt, is very costly.
- Although the material of cement is durable, but the cement water fountains tend to be easily crack in the outdoor environment, especially when the weather is very cold or hot.
- And their is another serious problem for the cement water fountains, that is: some places on the surface of the fountains will be a little white, looks different with the rest places. This phenomenon is called: “accumulation of alkali on the surface of the cement”. During the hydration process of the cement, excess water will evaporate from it. And the salt & alkali in the cement will come to the surface with the water vapor. After the water evaporating, the salt & alkali will remain on the surface of the cement fountains. This will make the cement water fountains looks weird and not nice. Usually, this will happen when the cement material used to make the fountains are not concocted well.
So as you can see, whether it is resin water fountains or cement water fountains, there are both advantages and disadvantages. You can choose the suitable fountains that meet your needs.
One Point For Attention
But one thing we should pay attention is: both kinds of fountains call for our efforts to take care of them. The fountains are vulnerable to cold weathers. It is better that we can protect them from the cold weather with some fountains covers. And we should also re-fresh the water inside the fountain’s water tank regularly, to prevent the water going dirty thus causing damage to the submersible fountain pumps.